ADDING A RACORE PCMCIA TOKEN-RING ADAPTER TO AN EXISTING NT WORKSTATION
Support Bulletin: 5200 Rev. B
Abstract: This document contains the instructions on installing and configuring a Racore 8134 Token-Ring PCMCIA adapter in an existing NT installation. Refer to your NT Workstation manual for instructions on installing an NT workstation for the first time, and for related setup information.
INSTALLING THE DRIVER:
1. In the "main group" window, select the "control panel" icon.
2. In the "control panel" window, select the "Network" icon.
3. In the "Network settings" window, select "Add Adapter" button.
4. Scroll down to and highlight " and Requires disk from manufacture," then select "continue." Use the following path for the Racore driver: a:\windows.nt , and select "OK."
The "RCPTRNDS Token-Ring Adapter Card Setup" window appears. Select the appropriate settings for your installation. The default settings can be used in most cases.
I/O PortBase A20
Select "PCMCIA" by clicking the adjacent box. Add a network address if necessary ( determined by your network configuration ).
Note: If your card fails diagnostics in 16-bit PseudoDMA select 8-bit PseudoDMA. Continue by selecting "OK."
5. In the "Network settings"
window, verify that the installed Adapter cards include:
* A "Configuring Network" window, and " Network Setup" window appear momentarily.
* A windows "NWLink IPX/SPX Protocol Configuration" may appear if you have installed this software.
The Racore Adapter is highlighted. If the settings are correct select "OK."
6. In the "Network settings Change" window, select "restart Now " to make the changes take effect.