WINDOWS FOR WORKGROUPS v3.1 INSTALLATION
Support Bulletin: 3090 Rev: B
First Time Installation
This section contains information on installing a Racore Network Adapter during the Windows for Workgroups installation process, and should be followed only if Windows for Workgroups has not yet been installed.
1. Run SETUP.EXE located on the Windows for Workgroups Diskette 1, to start the installation process.
2. Follow the instruction on the screen choosing either Express Setup or Custom Setup.
3. At the Network Adapter screen, choose the [Unlisted or Updated Network Adapter] option.
4. When prompted for the third party driver disk, insert the Racore Driver Disk that accompanied your network adapter.
NOTE: If you receive the error "OEMSETUP.INF file required", refer the OEMSETUP Supplement at the end of this document.
5. Choose the appropriate card, Racore 16/4 Token-Ring Card if you are using a 16/4 switchable card or Racore 4 Mbit Token-Ring Card if you are using a 4 Mbit only card.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation process.
Adding an Adapter
This section contains information on installing a Racore Network Adapter after the Windows for Workgroups installation process has been completed.
1. Go to the Control Panel and
select the Network icon.
NOTE: If you receive the error "OEMSETUP.INF file
required", refer the OEMSETUP Supplement at the end of this
6. Choose the Protocal button from inside the Racore Network Adapter window.
7. Add the appropriate protocals. (ie. Micorsoft NETBEIU for NDIS connections, and/or Novell IPX (Token-Ring) for IPX connections).
8. Exit back to the Control Panel and re-boot for the changes to take affect.
Sample Configuration Files For 16/4Mb Adapters:
CONFIG.SYS (16/4 Mbit Card)
AUTOEXEC.BAT (16/4 Mbit Card)
PROTOCAL.INI (16/4 Mbit Card)
CONFIG.SYS (4 Mbit Card)
AUTOEXEC.BAT (4 Mbit Card)
PROTOCAL.INI (4 Mbit Card)
If you completed the installation instructions without receiving the error "OEMSETUP.INF file required", you do not need to review this supplement.
This supplement contains information on acquiring the Racore OEMSETUP.INF file. The OEMSETUP.INF file is required to install third party network adapters such as the Racore 16/4 Mbit and 4 Mbit Token-Ring cards.
The OEMSETUP.INF file can be obtained from Racore by downloading it from Racore's BBS, (801) 973-4228, or by calling Racore's Technical Support Department, (801) 973-9779. After obtaining this file, copy it to the root directory of your Racore Driver Disk that accompanied your network adapter.