Support Bulletin: 2080 Rev: A
This document contains instructions on installing the Racore PCMCIA Protected Mode, NDIS 3.0, Token Ring driver with Windows for Workgroups v3.11. This driver will work with Protected Mode protocols only.
INSTALLING THE RACORE PROTECTED MODE DRIVER WITH WFW
1. Install the adapter card and card enabler, PCMDRI.DOS.
For more information on installing the card enabler, refer to the PCMDRI.DOC file located in the root directory of the Racore Driver Diskette.
NOTE: At this point, it is a good idea to run the Racore diagnostic program, TR2KDIAG.EXE, to ensure that the adapter card is functioning correctly and that there are no conflicts with other devices in the machine.
2. If Windows for Workgroups is not currently installed, begin the installation by running SETUP.EXE from the Windows for Workgroups Diskette 1.
Otherwise, start Windows for Workgroups.
3. From the "Network Setup" window, select "Networks" and then choose the "Install Microsoft Windows Network" option.
If the Setup program was run in step 2, the "Network Setup" window will appear during disk 6 of the installation process. Otherwise, you must select the "Network" icon from the Program Manager.
4. From the "Advanced" option of the "Network Setup" window, choose "Drivers".
5. Choose "Add Adapter" in the "Network Drivers" dialog box.
6. From the list of network adapters, select "Unlisted Or Updated Network Adapter".
7. Insert the Racore Driver Diskette when prompted, and enter the path to the NDIS 3.0 driver.
8. Choose the "Racore PCMCIA Token Ring Card".
9. In the "Network Drivers" dialog box, choose "Close".
10. Choose "Continue" in the "Network Setup" dialog box.
11. If prompted, enter a "User Name", "Workgroup", and "Computer Name".
Windows for Workgroups will now copy the network files to your hard disk.
12. When again prompted for the Racore Diskette, insert the diskette and enter the path where driver is located.
13. When the installation is complete, select the "Restart Your Computer" option.